Pray for IMC (13-19 March)
Posted by bms_prayer at 00:00 on 13th March 2011
BMS’ International Mission Centre (IMC) exists to train people in mission formation. Each person who studies here is supported to make the adjustment to live and work cross-culturally in another part of the world.
Preparation involves studying scripture, discovering how a theology of mission makes a practical impact in the world, engaging with other faiths and worldviews, and exploring lessons in personal spirituality.
The prayer points below all relate to IMC mission trainees.
- Give thanks for the mission trainees studying together this term.
- The learning that takes place to continue to be relevant, stimulating, supportive, challenging and spiritually fresh.
- Godly strength, affirmation of call and dedication for mission as this can be a testing time.
- Give thanks for the gifts, abilities and skills of the mission trainee such as pastoral care, teaching, nursing, creative arts, project management, youth work and hospitality.
- The continued relationship between the mission trainees and their local churches.
- The mission trainees as they end their IMC training on 15 April.
- The mission trainees to find a good balance between study, preparation, rest and fun in these last few weeks at IMC.