Pray for Nepal (20 - 26 February)
Posted by bms_prayer at 00:00 on 20th February 2011
The United Mission to Nepal (UMN) aims “to minister to the needs of the people of Nepal in the Name and Spirit of Christ, and to make Christ known by word and life…” This is worked out by mixed teams of locals and expatriates in 14 of Nepal’s 75 districts.
The work uses an approach of capacity building and integral mission to develop local organisations for work in education, health, livelihood and peacebuilding.
- Edwin Lee, who arrived in Nepal last year and has taken on responsibility for UMN’s finance team.
- Alan and Anne Penn, working in important support roles.
- Martin Butterworth, who leads UMN’s monitoring and evaluation work, his wife Katrina teaching medical students and their daughters Ruth and Esther.
- Suzanne Walton, writing funding proposals and giving technical support, especially in the area of child and community health.
- Marcus Walton, who is a peacebuilding advisor.
- Paul Chettri and Bal Kumari Pun-Rai, both supported by BMS to lead the UMN cluster teams in Sunsari and Mugu districts.
- Durga (Dibya) Khanal, UMN’s integral mission advisor, as he brings together theory and practise.