Pray for the UK Baptist family (6-12 November)
Posted by bms_prayer at 00:00 on 6th November 2011
In the UK, around 3,300 Baptist churches are members of one of three organisations – the Baptist Union of Great Britain (BUGB), the Baptist Union of Scotland (BUS) and the Baptist Union of Wales (BUW).
BMS has close relationships with each of these bodies, as we work with them to further the gospel of Christ in these isles and beyond. We also have a new partnership with the UK inner-city mission agency, Urban Expression. (Photo: Amy Burton)
- BUGB Council as they meet next week.
- BUGB ministers who are serving as chaplains, especially those in the Armed Forces.
- Urban Expression, which holds a prayer day today. It has teams based in six cities in Britain.
- Smooth implementation of the decisions taken at last week’s Assembly in Scotland.
- New and existing BUS staff to gel together and create a stable platform for continuing transformation of the Union.
- Discussions between BUW and the South Wales Baptist Association to help Gwent churches’ strategy and outreach.
- God to build momentum from The Big Welcome as BUW churches begin to prepare for the Advent season.